Tuesday, May 29, 2007

246: Lay Your Hand on Me

Many people have prophesied over me.

I remember there was this one girl
Who handed me a mark saying, "You shall seek
Only the face of God."

Like those few before me, I walked towards the Light
Shunning the Sun's tender ray tickling my bare skin.

But my eye sights have gone.
I can no longer see what's close to me.
Focus too long on what's afar
Or what's not there...

Maybe I won't go there.

There was a shaman vision, too,
Foretelling that my happiness is not for now.
Her love that I want will have to wait,
Also.
When the time is right,

"Just you wait," she said.
Her love that I crave will be mine to eat,
When time and our souls shiver.

But stay upwind from me.
A pauper accumulates more than grime,
The stench is tangible; I wear it thick.

Whole in parts? Love's indivisible!

To touch the sweet fragrance,
You must smell the rose.

Lastly, shall I speak in tongues,
Creating something brand new,
From now, till here, for me?
Will you then come?

Stand above me and lay your hand on me.
It's the touch I crave,
More than any words heard and unheard.

Let's waft the charged air,

In and out.

Addendum: Edits are in red.

No comments: