Tuesday, February 19, 2008

265: Live Blogging "American Idol"

It's the first day of competition, the guys are up. Let's see who'll win my heart. The first commercial break of the evening... By the way, I'm sick as a dog, and I've been holed up in my room for the past few days, and I'm angst-y, so I'm going to blog about "American Idol."

We're back and Ryan should die. It's just a thought. Anyways...

David Hernandez

Single mom, blah, blah, blah... ZZZ... Simon didn't like him during the audition round. Big surprise. He's got a good tone. But I don't think his voice is unique. And he's a bit too stiff. The end was not good. He crashed at the end. Randy agrees. Simon sez... and I agree. Good beginning, okay middle, bad ending. Stiff. I give him a 6.

Chikezie

I like him. I don't know why. Yikes, the lower register is a bit shaky. It's a rough start. He's not recovering well. His high register is good. I don't know... It didn't blow me away. Randy? Old fashion? I would have to agree. What's Paula saying? Something about losing weight? Gah. She just called him fat! Simon sez... and he hated the entire performance. You're gonna critique him on his suit? Chikezie is fighting back! That's hot. It's a 6. Only because he fought back. I didn't like the performance.

David Cook

A rocker is up. Let's see... I love this song. He looks really confident. Good tonality to his voice. I would listen to him. "Happy to Together," He's rockin' it! I loved it. Solid performance. 8. He's going to be back next week. Simon sez... "Almost made it believable"??? Whatever Simon, it's was good.

Jason Yeagar


He's a dad. He's doing it for his son. Yawn. "Moon River." Ooo... It's a good song, but... He's got a good look, though. I know exactly what Simon is going to say... Some Vegas Lounge Act! It so is. It's a 6. Simon sez... "Cruise ship!" It's very close to what I thought he would say.

I'm a bit underwhelmed thus far. Someone has to blow me away. Who's next?

Robbie Carrico

Another rocker, who used to be in a boy/girl band. He toured with Britney Spears. That's not going to win you points. "One." Another good song, but... No. I don't like it. A bit screechy. 5. Randy liked it. Really? Paula liked him. Did they really hear him? Simon likes him too? What? I guess I'm alone here.

David Archuleta

He stood out during the audition week for me. He's a bit breathy. The boy has soul. I'm going to give him an 8. Simon sez... "Best performance of the night." He'll be back next week. He's so goofy. He does the "Oh Shucks" shtick well. I likes him.

Danny Noriega

He's soooooo gay! He stood out too. He's got attitude. I can't believe he's doing an Elvis song. He's no King, and he'll be reminded of that by the judges. He stands out though, so he'll be back next week. I'm going to give him a barely 7. He performed it well, and the American judges say the same thing. Simon sez... Grotesque. Hideous. Destroying Elvis's song. LOL. That was brutal. He needs to bring the vocal. That's the consensus among the judges. So G.A.Y.!!! He's going to be back.

Luke Menard

He's hot. 'Nuff said. Bring him back next week. There are some sour notes. Did I mention he's hot? Hmm... I don't know. Randy said it was pitchy. It's going to be a 5 for me. Simon sez... and I agree, it wasn't memorable. I think he's in the weakest spot now.

Colton Berry

Gay! Hmm... Interesting; where is that voice coming from? It's very mature. Wow. I like his voice. He's a bit too theatrical, though. I like it. I'm going to give him a 7. Simon sez... OUCH. "A complete waste of time," he said. I guess we disagree.

Garrett Haley

He needs to shave; that fuzz of a mustache needs to go. He's not memorable for me. I don't like the tone of his voice. But he performed his song well. I have to give him a 5. Simon's cruelty continues.

By the way, CNN projects that Senator Obama wins Wisconsin!

Jason Castro


Dreadlocks? Really? He's going to play the guitar. Wow. That's an interesting voice. Simon, there's your recording artist. I don't like his look. But he has a good voice. Yet, he needs to bring up his confidence. It's an 8. Simon gushed. Ewww. He'll be back. I like him.

We're almost near the end. I have to repeat, I'm underwhelmed.

Michael Johns

I remember this guy! The "Bohemian Rhapsody" guy. He was awesome. The Doors! I don't know. That's ambitious. But he's rockin' it. It wasn't as great as what he did during the audition week. But still... 8!

The two guys going home for me are Luke Menard and Garrett Haley.

I hope next week will be better. Maybe I'll return tomorrow to critique the girls.

No comments: