Sunday, October 29, 2006

193: And There Was...

And there was a carving of pumpkins. And may I add, considering the last time I craved a pumpkin was when I was nine, it turned out pretty cute. It's a scared yet adorable face with jazz hands. Now I've a strong craving for a pumpkin pie. Anyway the thing is I was supposed to carve it at a party. Well... okay, I did make it to the party, but yours truly, true to his clumsy, inept form, arrived late... correction: beyond late: all the guests had left and the apartment had been cleaned. But it was all good because the host and I spent a couple of hours the next morning, while watching "Nightmare Before Christmas," carving pumpkins. So, yes, there was a carving of pumpkins.

And there was a breaking of a CD player. Shit happens! Yet the host blames me. Really! Totally not my fault. If I can look the other way... Fine, sure, yes, I did spill hot chocolate on his couch. That he can blame me for as much as he wants, because it was my fault. But I will not take the blame for the CD player. So there!

And there was a viewing the throng of runners. A friend of the host was running the Marine Corps Marathon and we went to it to cheer her on. Unfortunately, we did not see the friend. But there was plenty of shivering. Note to self: I think I want to run one in the future. but first, Get. In. Shape.

Hahahahaha... I'm making it sound like a lot of things went wrong this weekend. Maybe. Maybe not.

Oh, there was some unrestful nights, too.

And there was a look of "Oh, he's so nasty" followed with a shrug of "whatever" this morning.

Hmm... maybe a lot of things did go wrong. Or maybe not?

No comments: