Thursday, March 31, 2005

015: Anyone?

So tonight (oops, now it's last night) while having my dinner, I turned on my TV and Will and Grace was on WB11. Normally I don't watch the show because, well, I think all the characters are annoying! But since there was nothing else on, I kept on watching it.

It was one of the "Barry" episodes. You know, the one when Karen sets up her cousin, Barry, with Will. When Will meets Barry and realizes that he is a newbie, Will turns Barry down. But feeling guilty, Will confides in Jack. Uncharacteristically, Jack consoles Will and gives him a sagely advice.
JACK: Why so sad, big tiny? [JACK POUTS OUT HIS BOTTOM LIP.]

WILL: I just had to let Barry down. The guy just came out and his first real date rejects him.

JACK: What?! He's never been with a man before?! So he's the virgin Barry.

WILL: I feel bad for him.

JACK: Of course you feel bad. You are Barry. Barry is you. Ergo, you is Barry.

WILL: Ergo, you is idiot.

JACK: Perhaps. But I remember another boy who struggled on his way out of the closet. He had a little crush on me. I found him repellent. But still, I took him under my wing. I fixed his hair. Taught him how to dress.

WILL: Yeah, you sent me to job interview wearing leg warmers with Chinese slippers.

JACK: Perhaps. But the point is, we senior gays have a responsibility to the freshmen. To teach them, to bring them along. Why, I helped turn this caterpillar into a chubby butterfly. And now you should do the same for Barry.

WILL: Why? Why is this my responsibility?

JACK: Because that's what we do in the community. We gay it forward.
(By the way, I found the dialogue here.)
Anyways, Will and Jack gay it forward to help a newbie out. Now, I think I need me a Will and a Jack to show me the way, 'cause you know, it's hard, so I'm humbly ask the community to gay it forward, and help this poor virgin out.

Anyone?

Anyone?

Wow, the silence is deafening.

No comments: