Thursday, May 05, 2005

031: NARUTO Revisted

In honor of Children's Day, both in Korea and Japan, I like to take this opportunity to share the joy of my inner child with you all. May you all unleash your inner child today.

So, continuing on from my last pathetic entry with another, I bring you, again, Naruto. This time episode 133. I just finished watching it. And well...

Holy. Mother. Of. Fantabulous. Kick-Ass. Mama-Said-Knock-You-Out. Fight!

It’s the best opening fight scene, ever! Naruto goes all Super Saiyajin and poor, misguided Sasuke has no chance whatsoever. With Sasuke cornered, Naruto gently—considering the several knock out blows Sasuke received before, a few light punches here and there could be considered gentle—again, Naruto gently cajoles Sasuke to return to the village.

Then, oh-woe-of-all-woes, a common affliction found in almost all Asian T.V. shows, we must endure a long-winded, melo-est of melo-dramatic scene.

Cue the sappy music.
“What do you know about having your older brother kill every single one of your kinsmen, including your own father and mother, and leaving you alone to live?! Wouldn’t you be consumed with rage, wouldn’t you want revenge, wouldn’t you want to see your own brother suffer as I’ve suffered? What do you know about family matters?”

“Indeed, I do not know. But when I’m with you, Sasuke, I think…”
Cue: A montage of scenes showing Naruto and Sasuke having childish and jovial repartees.
“…this is what it’s like having a brother.”

“It’s too late, Naruto. There’s no going back for me.”

Revert back to tension-filled, highly percussive music.

The fight resumes.

And… Holy. Mother. Of. Fantabulous. Kick-Ass. Mama-Said-Shut-The-Fuck-Up. Fight. Of. Fights.

If you’ve thought Naruto had gone Super Saiyajin in the beginning of the episode, you and I both have made a gravest mistake. Because you gots to see it to believe. And by the way, Sasuke turns Super Saiyaiman as well.

Holy. Mother. Of. It's. So. Damn. Fucking. Good.

(My apologies for my profanity.)

No comments: