Sunday, March 05, 2006

151: My Picks

Go here for the list of nominees.

Without further ado, here are my picks:

#Actor in a Leading Role: Philip Seymore Hoffman (CAPOTE)
Somebody who played gay has to win!

#Actor in a Supporting Role: Paul Giamatti (CINDERELLA MAN)
He didn't get one last year, therefore...

#Actress in a Leading Role: Reese Witherspoon (WALK THE LINE)
Somehow, this overlooked movie needs to be honored.

#Actress in a Supporting Role: Amy Adams (JUNEBUG)
This category is always a surprise. If not Amy, then Rachel Weisz (THE CONSTANT GARDENER)

#Animated Feature: WALLACE & GROMIT IN THE CURSE OF THE WERE-RABBIT

Art Direction: GOOD NIGHT, AND GOOD LUCK
Well, BATMAN BEGINS didn't get a nomination nod in this category as I had hoped.

#Cinematography: BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN
I'm glad, though, here in this category, BATMAN BEGINS was nominated.

Costume Design: MEMOIRS OF A GEISHA

#Directing: BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN
Ang will continue his winning streak.

Documentary Feature: MARCH OF THE PENGUINS
It will be a gay night indeed.

Documentary Short: GOD SLEEPS IN RWANDA
Because we all love a good genocide documentary.

Film Editing: CRASH

Foreign Language Film: TSOTSI
I've no idea. I'm just picking randomly here. And I like how the title sounds.

Makeup: STAR WARS: EPISODE III REVENGE OF THE SITH
Why not?

Music (Score): BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN
Because we've heard it so many times, the music's pretty much engraved in our heads, no?

Music (Song): "In the Deep" from CRASH

#Best Picture: BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN

Short Film (Animated): THE MYSTERIOUS GEOGRAPHIC EXPLORATIONS OF JASPER MORELLO or 9
It's either a long ass titled movie or a short and simple titled movie that'll win.

Short Film (Live Action): CASHBACK
"Inny-minny-miny-mo!"

Sound Editing: MEMOIRS OF A GEISHA

Sound Mixing: THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA: THE LION, THE WITCH, AND THE WARDROBE

Visual Effects: KING KONG

#Writing (Adapted Screenplay): CAPOTE

#Writing (Original Screenplay): CRASH


# - The categories I count as being important!


***
I'll do my first ever live blogging when the gayest night in Hollywood starts.
B: My picks that won.

No comments: