Sunday, September 25, 2005

090: Did You Miss Me?

Well? Did you?

No? Okay, I didn't miss me either.

But anyways, let me give you a quick recap of what has been happening with my small, insignificant life.

Last weekend I was in our nation's capital for work, which I have to say was...um, what's the word I'm looking for, oh yes, boring. But I have to say, after being away for a good nine months, it was nice to be back. I've got to see one of my roommates and a few friends I've made there. Catching up and telling each other what our plans are for the near future, seeing how we progressed in that short time span, it just reminded me that life is never stagnant. Yes, I've complained many times, well, not here as much, that my life seems to go nowhere, like being stuck in traffic. But seeing my own life through their eyes have shown me that indeed I've made progress and grown in maturity and in strength.

This weekend, I was down in Florida, Cocoa Beach to be specific, for my friend's wedding, my friend, whom I visited in Seattle. Now I don't see him, or rather I can't see him as a kid that I hung out with in Japan, but an actual grown up with real grown up responsibilities. There's a small part of me that is extremely jealous of the life he has started. It's strange, really, that this boy, Me, with a Peter Pan complex is jealous of someone who is actually growing up before Your Truly's, My, eyes.

Anyways, next weekend I will again travel, this time to the West Coast, to attend another wedding. This time it will be for a college buddy, my freshman roommate, whom, when I first met him, I thought, he would one day tell me that he is gay. How ironic that one day I'd be the one to tell him that I'm gay.

Well, people, that is all. Continue with your precious lives.

No comments: