Thursday, December 01, 2005

120: Typical!

So this morning, on my way to work, I...
  1. saw a man being carried out of the subway station on a stretcher by four firemen, of which two were actually fit, like calendar model material fit.
  2. saw an assault, aka a fistfight, involving two women. The usage of "cunt," 1; "bitch, what did you call me?" 4; the entertainment value, priceless.
  3. heard the conductor say, "stay clear of the closing door," about a good handful of times at each station the train stopped. Each time he said it, his voice got steelier and sharper, too.
With the movement of bodies tilted significantly towards coming in than going out, or in a biological term, "going against the concentration gradient," thus elongating the time spent at a station, and further acerbated by the train, while in between stations, jolting to a halt, for a good few minutes, the resulting effect was that I had a miserable commute and I was late!

Oh, how I love New York!

No comments: