Saturday, December 31, 2005

135: A Year in Review

I am a minus 11 years, reflecting back on 2005. I admit it hasn't been an easy year. It's been one of struggles, trying my best to keep the darkside, like the one of from overwhelming and consuming me into oblivion. Indeed, it has been a year of realization: I've cradled for far too long too many of my hang-ups and fears. But it has also been a year of recognition: like , I need to confront my short-comings, letting them not become a crutch and growing to become a man I should be. Whether I'd be a sidekick or a hero, like those from , I have to know that I am a man with tremendous worth, a man who is a hero to himself. I've too long dwelled on my limitations, real and perceived, like Sofi from . But through her trials and tribulations, Sofi found a diamond within her, something precious and something strong. Once she gained her power, she was able to save her true love. That's the power of loving the person you are! So, I shall shed my and I shall let love in, empowering me to be unashamed and happy. Yes, Jake, you must grow up like is growing up. So Jake, hustle,, hustle!!! I don't know what 2006 will hold for me, but I feel good things will happen to me. I've always thought that I needed to friendship, because I'm always uprooted, from one place to another, leaving behind loved ones and carrying only memories. No, this time around, with the friends I have, I'll root myself deeper into their bed of friendship; with the friends I will make, I'll embrace them with all of myself. Yes, I feel good things will happen to me. Perhaps even romance will right into my life, heating up the coldest recess of my heart. Once I find romance, I won't have one memory, one place, like , be the end of all; I shall fight for love! I am ready to crawl into the wardrobe, brushing aside from fur coats to fir trees, finding myself in to become a King!

Good bye 2005; Welcome 2006!

No comments: