Sunday, November 26, 2006

205: Thanksgiving, Why Give Thanks?

Wednesday

Although the work day should have ended at 4, I was stuck at work, held up in a meeting that would not end. I had a plan to hang out that night. But first I had to wait for the call beckoning me for a night of debauchery. And when waiting became excruciating, I let my fingers dance on the keypad of my cell phone. Yet, nothing. Neither a reply nor a call ever came; I was stood up.

But the rainy night was not lost. One came to lift my forlorn spirit, and left me spunky and happy. That’s why I give thanks.


Turkey Day

A lazy, rainy morning was a start of my day. The people on the parade route seemed miserable enough, which made my mouth stretch from ear to ear. An odd sensation, I might add. Then my cousin and I visited our Great Aunt, a.k.a. Grandmother, who was in the hospital. We then got picked up and were rushed to our Aunt’s place for the Kim clan to clang up the late afternoon with songs and drinks. Okay, there weren’t any songs, but drinking I did. And lots of eating too. Plus, I had my pumpkin pie. And, and, and… only one member of the family piped in about my lack of having a fiancĂ©e, a potential baby maker, at my side. Oh, did I mention there was drinking?

But it’s okay, it’s all good. I saw “Happy Feet” and that was a good ending for the night. That’s why I give thanks.


Friday & Saturday

Lazy, lazy, lazy days. That’s why I give thanks.


Sunday

The 'rents and I take a trip to Brooklyn. I want them to see that owning a home in an "up and coming, or rather, already 'here'" neighborhood in Brooklyn can be a fine investment. They like the neighborhood. I may get them to help me with the deposit, once I find a place that calls out to me. "Jake," it will call out, "come to me."

Anyhoo... we finished the tour by stopping at Junior's to buy the best cheesecake in New York. So very delicious. That's why I give thanks.

No comments: