Monday, October 10, 2005

093: A Tale of Two Weddings

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...

Wait, wait, wait. Who do I think I am, Charles Dickens?

Well, whatever. Okay, here's my beginning:

It was the best of times; it was the best of times. One wedding was held on the Right Coast; the other was held on the Wrong Left Coast. One was a small and simple ceremony; the other was an elegant and elaborate ceremony. I smelled the salty sea air that a gentle Atlantic breeze carried over to our sand covered sandles in one; I smelled the freshly lawn-mowed grass permeate the lush golf courses of an opulent country club in the other.

I witnessed J, whom I befriended in Japan, vow to have and to hold, for better, for worse, his beautiful bride, F; and I witnessed R, my college freshman roommate, for richer, for poorer, pledge to N, his beautiful bride, to cherish and to love.

To J and F, I wish joy; to R and N, I wish you happiness.

Congratulations!



No comments: