Friday, October 21, 2005

100: First Anniversary?

I don't know if I should consider today my 1st anniversary.

No!

You see, last year on this auspicious day (okay, it was hardly auspicious, but I felt like using that word), I ventured into the blogosphere and started my very own blog. No. Not this one. But this one. But, my first few entries were so...awful, I erased them. Consider yourselves lucky, my dear readers. Yet, if you like "pain," and I'm sure you do, because you're reading this, you can go and check my very first blog out (without the first few entries.) I promise, though, it's RIDICULOUSLY horrible.

Despite its putridity, when I started that blog, I was going through a change: the pace was slow and hard, but the effect was profound; from dying of denial to living in truth (albeit still somewhat hidden), I'm not the same person I was a year ago.

My confession (and yes, here's another one) is that back then it was excruciating to put down in words my feelings and experiences. If a blog is a reflection of the writer, my first blog revealed nothing. I sometime think that hyphenated non-IDentity could hold more of who I am, but I struggle with how much of myself to pour out.

Hmm... It's a constant tug-of-war, but I like the fight. I do.

Last year today was the beginning when I decided to take a step forward to look at myself for who I am, and, eventually, to have the strength and the audacity to stand before God as Job had done, and face Him as I am, as the man He created me to be.

Well, today isn't SO special.

But, I don't know... If I were an autonomous nation, I'd set this day as a minor holiday.

Why not?

By the way, my first ever post was as bad as this post... No, it was worse. And guess what? This is my 100th post.

Love you all. Go on, live, and celebrate your beautiful life.

No comments: