Saturday, June 04, 2005

044: "525,600 Minutes"

So, I've seen the trailer for Rent.

I've teared up.

I can't wait till it comes to a theatre near me.

I've seen the musical, once in NYC - I had won the lottery draw to buy two really cheap tickets for front second row, center seats - and again later on in London - with most of the original Broadway cast members performing. Both times I was entralled and mesmerized by the music, the words, the story. Every time I listen to the cast recording, I often wonder had Jonathon Larson still walked among us, what other precious gifts would he bestow on us. Because surely his first gift, Rent, in my humble opinion, had transformed the landscape of Broadway, the old look and the tired feel of the Great White Way replaced with the vibrant, pulsing energy of youth.

I'm excited.

Addendum: The office site for the movie is up! Go and check it out. (06/08/05)

No comments: