Saturday, November 05, 2005

108: I Wanna Dance

I have to do some shaking of the booty in the very near future, or I'm gonna...hmm? I wonder, what is gonna happen to me?

Segueing: Check this video out. (via Transbuddha)

On my birthday, after I posted this lyric and song from a Japanese group that j'aime beaucoup, I went out, and there was definitely some booty shaking going on. Now, I've the itch. More intense. Any suggestions? Bueller, Bueller?

Useless fact: m-flo was a three-member group: Lisa, the sultry lead vocalist; Verbal, the front man rapper; and Taku, the genius behind the sound of m-flo. About 2-3 years ago, Lisa left the group to seek a solo career, leaving me devastated. Now, m-flo is just Taku and Verbal. But, they've teamed up with various solo artists and produced singles like the one you just saw. The girl isn't Lisa, by the way. She's BoA, a pop diva who's big, also, in Korea, because, well, she's Korean and started her career there. More useless fact: Lisa is biracial, one of her parents is Japanese and the other is Colombian. Verbal is a zainichi Korean. Taku is...he's just Japanese.

Hmm... I wonder if I have a point to this post?

You see, on one of many nights spent at home watching TV in Japan, I saw a documentary about m-flo. Even with my limited Japanese abilities, I had enough sensibility to intuit what each member shared about who they are. Hey, it's the N (iNtuition) and F (Feeling) of my Myers-Briggs personality type. And what they said made me love them more than I already did. My heartstring was tugged the most by Lisa; and I concede that perhaps I've projected my own experiences on her; but while she spoke of her childhood, running down across her cheeks were hot, burning tears, bearing the secrets only a hardship of being different from the rest can bring. Lisa's sin was the same as Elphaba's. I admire that Lisa, who I'm sure wanted to be a wallflower growing up, unnoticed for being a biracial kid, decided to stand tall and proud, and get noticed for her talents, her passions, her achievements.

But again, I've strayed from what I first intended to talk about, which is I wanna dance.

Seriously, I need to dance.

Whatever!

Let's watch some kids who know what's what. Check this and this out!

No comments: